I have been making this chicken recipe for years. It is so easy and inexpensive. You can use just about any cut of chicken. It works well with boneless skinless chicken, drumsticks, and more.
I have made this many times with leg quarters or just drumsticks. When my husband was in college we ate this a lot with leg quarters. Whatever you choose, it is really good. It is one of my favorite easy ways to cook chicken.
When I find chicken on sale I buy a lot and then freeze it in this marinade. I mix the marinade up in Ziploc bags, add the chicken, and freeze. Thaw in marinade and cook.
One of my favorite ways to serve this is with buttered rice and vegetables.
- 3/4 cup soy sauce ( I use gluten free soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds chicken, drumsticks, boneless skinless chicken breast or tenders, or chicken thighs all work
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, oil, brown sugar, ginger and garlic powder. Add drumsticks. Seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
- Place chicken in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet or pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 until a meat thermometer reads 180° and juices run clear. The time will very depending on the cut of chicken. Chicken tenders take about 15-18 minutes. Chicken breasts and thighs take about 20-22 minutes. Drumsticks or leg quarters take 40-45 minutes.
- This recipe is also delicious cooked on the grill.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 372Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 180mgSodium: 1502mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 39g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.