I love cooking magazines. I love to look through them to not only find new recipes, but to find new ideas and techniques to incorporate into my cooking.
The other day I was looking through the newest issue of Paula Deen’s magazine, by the way I love her magazine, and I saw a recipe for quesadillas that caught my attention. It had cream cheese in it. Well, I knew I loved cream cheese in my enchiladas, so the idea of it in quesadillas sounded good. I did not follow the recipe exactly, but I did incorporate the idea of cream cheese into a quesadilla we already enjoyed.
What I like about quesadillas is that it makes a quick, easy, and frugal meal. Not only that, you can really change the way you make them each time. I made these without meat, but you could easily add chicken or vegetables. Sometimes we like to add corn to these. You could use different cheeses or beans. You can really do quite a bit to keep them interesting.
One of the things we like to do in the summer is grill our quesadillas. It gives them a unique flavor and it is easy to do. We make them often in the summer for lunch or a quick meal for dinner.que
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of salsa, use any kind that you like
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups of shredded colby jack cheese or cheddar cheese
- 10 flour tortillas, corn, or gluten free tortillas, amount will depend on the size of tortillas.
- Mix together cream cheese, salsa, and black beans.
- Spread on tortillas. Spread cheese on top of cream cheese layer, top with another tortilla.
- Cook in a pan or on a griddle pan or even on a grill.
- Cook for 1- 2 minutes then flip the quesadilla over.
- Cook for about another 2 minutes or until slightly browned and cheese has melted.
If you are gluten-free use corn or gluten-free tortillas.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 759Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 1362mgCarbohydrates: 87gFiber: 10gSugar: 3gProtein: 30g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.