What is not to like about hot fudge sauce? Especially during the summer and all the triple digit weather that some of us have been experiencing.
I have several different hot fudge sauces that I make, but this recipe adapted from Carnation Evaporate Milk is a favorite of ours.
Pour it over a bowl of ice cream and you have a wonderful summertime treat.
Creamy Hot Fudge Sauce
Skip the jar and make it at home.
- 1- 12 ounce can of evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a pan combine evaporated milk, sugar, butter, and corn syrup.
- Cook on medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Stir constantly and reduce heat to low. Cook on low for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in morsels and vanilla extract. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is thickened.
- Serve over ice cream. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 36gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
YUM – love the sound of this sauce!
That sounds so good. I just passed up a chance to go to a local fondue restaurant because it is so expensive. But I bet this recipe would work fabulously in a fondue pot. I mean, make it, then serve it warmed as fondue. What do you think?
@LisaB, I think it would work well for fondue. That is a great idea.
Tabitha (A Penny Saved)
You are so wrong! Of course, how could you know I would check my email, craving ice cream without any around, and find this post lurking? Now I might go brave this storm for an ice cream run! 😉