This creamy pumpkin pasta was so quick and easy and it ended up being a meal that my whole family really enjoyed.
It is also a perfect meal for the fall. Serve this with bread and salad and you will have a quick and easy meal that everyone will enjoy.
- 1 lb pasta ( Use gluten free for gluten free version )
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1- 15 ounce can pumpkin
- ½ cup cream
- 1 dash hot sauce ( more if you like it spicy)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- bacon-cooked (optional, but makes it better)
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking heat oil and cook onion until tender.
- Add garlic and cook one-minute longer
- Stir in chicken broth, pumpkin, cream, and hot sauce. Cook over low until heated through and slightly thickened.
- (Add bacon if using)
- Stir sauce onto drained pasta and add cheese.
- Stir well and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 299Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 537mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 9g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.