My ten year old daughter has been in the cooking mood again. When she heard me say that we were having breakfast for dinner she immediately asked if she could pick the recipe.
I am so glad that she is showing an interest in cooking and I am trying to just go with it when she asks to help. I was not in a hurry, so I decided it would be a great night for her to help cook dinner.
She spent some time looking through a few kids cookbooks that we have and she choose the Super Creamy Scrambled Eggs from the Southern Living: Kids Cookbook.
This is one of her favorite cookbooks. Southern Living did a great job on this book. The directions are easy, yet complete. The pictures are great and the recipes are for food that both kids and parents will enjoy.
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces of cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste.
- Whisk together the first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl and stir in cream cheese.
- Melt butter in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in egg mixture. Cook without stirring, until mixture begins to set on bottom.
- Slowly drag spatula across bottom of the pan to form large pieces of cooked egg.
- Continue cooking until eggs are thickened and firm throughout, but still moist. Salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 205mgSodium: 295mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.