We love Mexican food. I am sure I have mentioned that many times before, but we really do eat a lot of Mexican or Mexican inspired meals. We also have a lot of pork in the freezer. So, I love meals that are both Mexican and pork.
This recipe is adapted from a Taste Of Home recipe. The recipe calls for 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes. But we like it with a little more flavor and with a kick to it. So, I use Emeril’s seasoning in it. I use quite a bit, 1 tablespoon. I think this makes it so much better. I love Emeril’s seasoning and I think it makes this recipe better. But you can make it like the recipes says and it will be fine just a different flavor.
- 3 pound boneless pork shoulder or loin roast
- 1/2 cup lime juice (please use fresh in this recipe it is so much better)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 flour tortillas, corn tortillas, or corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and diced (optional)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced (optional)
- Shredded lettuce
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine pork, lime juice, salt, pepper and pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Shred pork with a fork.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of filling down the center of each tortilla; top with cheese, avocados, tomatoes, onion, lettuce, or as desired.
- Fold in bottom and sides of tortilla. Serve with salsa.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 776Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 783mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 6gSugar: 1gProtein: 44g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.