We love Mexican food. I am sure I have mentioned that many times before, but we really do eat a lot of Mexican or Mexican inspired meals. We also have a lot of pork in the freezer. So, I love meals that are both Mexican and pork.
This recipe is adapted from a Taste Of Home recipe. The recipe calls for 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes. But we like it with a little more flavor and with a kick to it. So, I use Emeril’s seasoning in it. I use quite a bit, 1 tablespoon. I think this makes it so much better. I love Emeril’s seasoning and I think it makes this recipe better. But you can make it like the recipes says and it will be fine just a different flavor.
Crock Pot Pork Carnitas
Crock pot pork carnitas is a great shredded meat recipe.
- 3 pound boneless pork shoulder or loin roast
- 1/2 cup lime juice (please use fresh in this recipe it is so much better)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 flour tortillas, corn tortillas, or corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and diced (optional)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced (optional)
- Shredded lettuce
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine pork, lime juice, salt, pepper and pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Shred pork with a fork.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of filling down the center of each tortilla; top with cheese, avocados, tomatoes, onion, lettuce, or as desired.
- Fold in bottom and sides of tortilla. Serve with salsa.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 776Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 783mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 6gSugar: 1gProtein: 44g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
Evening Shade Morning Latte
I could easily eat a ton of these. They look so yummy.
Okay…I could seriously eat way too many!!!! Love mexican food
stumbled across your blog and love it! I want to go in my kitchen right now and make your prize winning $1,000 cookies!
We love mexican too! So I’ll be saving this for sure! Thank you so much!
These look great! Can’t wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.
We like mexican food. Thanks for the recipe.
LOVE Mexican food, this sounds wonderful.
I live in Mexico (Im from Fl) and I love this food but I dont know how to make any of it! I guess I should learn while I am here. This looks like a good easy version I will have to try it!