We love homemade granola and granola bars in our house. They make a great snack and I love that I can control what goes into them.
If you are looking for a healthy or semi-healthy snack for your kids this summer these are perfect.
And dark chocolate and cherry go so well together. You really can’t go wrong with that combination.
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 cups granola ( I use homemade granola)
- 2 cups rice krispy cereal ( I use the gluten free brown rice cereal.)
- 1 1/2 cups dried cherries
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine granola, rice crispy cereal, and cherries. And set aside.
- In a pan combine butter, brown sugar, and honey. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for about 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour mixture over oat cereal mixture and stir well.
- Quickly stir in dark chocolate chips.
- Press into a cookie sheet or large sheet type pan. Let sit overnight before cutting into bars.
If you are gluten-free be sure to use gluten-free granola.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 4gSugar: 39gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
Adapted from No Bake Granola Bars