The combination of chocolate and mint is a classic one. They just seem to go together so well.
This peppermint bark combines not only regular chocolate, but white chocolate. I love regular peppermint bark, but the addition of white chocolate in this makes it even better.
And this is so easy. It does have a few steps, but it is really easy. This would be a great holiday recipe for kids to help with.
- 22 ounces white chocolate
- 22 ounce semi sweet chocolate
- about 6 ounces of peppermint striped candy or candy canes, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- ¾ teaspoons peppermint extract
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or use a silpat mat.
- Place half of the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir and continue melting at 50% power stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Spread on cookie sheet and sprinkle with half of the crushed candy. Place in the refrigerator to harden. This will take 1-2 hours.
- Place the chocolate and whipping cream together in a bowl and melt in the microwave at 50% power stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Stir in peppermint extract. Spread carefully over the white chocolate peppermint layer. Place in refrigerator until hardened.
- Melt remaining white chocolate. And spread over chocolate layer. Sprinkle the remaining crushed peppermint candy over the top. Place in the refrigerator until firm.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 36gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.