Blueberries and peaches in a simple cobbler makes for a delicious summer dessert.
I grew up calling dump cakes cobblers. I am not really sure why we called them cobblers, but it took me years to realize that dump cakes and what I knew as cobblers were the same thing.
The recipe I am sharing today is a new twist on my mom’s peach cobbler. Or my mom’s dump cake recipe. You can call it whatever you want. I call it delicious!
A few weeks ago I needed a quick dessert. I had a bag of frozen blueberries in the freezer from last year that I wanted to use up. I decided to combine one of my favorite quick and easy desserts with the blueberries I had in the freezer.
The result was the perfect dessert. The blueberries and peaches go together so well in this that I think I might actually like it better than my mom’s peach version. My whole family enjoyed this.
I love cobblers warm. Right out of the oven. Add a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream and it is even better.
You really need to try this. It is so good!
- 1 - 29 ounce can sliced peaches with the juice
- 1 yellow cake mix, do not mix the cake mix up you use it dry ( I used King Arthur Gluten Free Cake Mix for gf version)
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 cups blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place peaches and juice in a 9x13 pan.
- In a bowl combine blueberries, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Spread blueberries over peaches.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over blueberry peach mixture.
- Carefully spoon melted butter over cake mix.
- Bake at 325 for about 45-50 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 571Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 854mgCarbohydrates: 111gFiber: 3gSugar: 65gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.