I will start by saying this recipe is not gluten free.
I have made this many times over the last few years and I have several pictures of it. I kept meaning to post it, but I never got it done. I thought now would be a good time since Thanksgiving is this week and everyone will have lots of leftover turkey. However, I will not be making it unless I can come up with a gluten free version.
This recipe calls for chicken, but turkey also works well.
This recipe came from a friend of mine. She has brought it to many church dinners. I finally got the recipe from her a few years ago and my family loves it when I make it.
This recipe is a quick pot pie though. I enjoy and have made the kind that is a lot more detailed. The kind where you cook a whole chicken, use the broth, make the crust from scratch, etc. Those are great, but I don’t always have the time to make that kind. I like this version because I can make it anytime. It is so easy!
This recipe does contain Bisquick. I usually do not like Bisquick. I do not like it for biscuits, pancakes, or just about anything else. I know many of you probably like it, but I really don’t. However, I have two recipes that I keep it on hand for and this is one of them. It is what makes this recipe so easy.
- 4 cups (about 4 cups a little more or less is fine) cooked chicken (or turkey)
- 1- 16 ounce bag of frozen vegetables
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced, you want the potatoes diced pretty small
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup onion chopped finely
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup Bisquick
- 3/4 cup butter, melted ( I use 1/2 cup butter and I think it is fine)
- Grease 9x13 pan. Layer chicken, vegetables, potatoes, and onions in pan. Mix broth and cream soup and pour over meat/vegetables in pan.
- Mix topping ingredients together and carefully pour over that.
- Bake at 400 for 1 hr or until golden brown.
This recipe makes quite a bit, so I often 1/2 it and make it in a 8x8 pan.
The pan is really full. I use my pampered chef stoneware pan and it works well, but it may bubble over a little if you use a regular Pyrex type 9x13 pan. That is fine you may just want to put a cookie sheet or something under it so it does not go all over your oven. I wanted to warn you about that part. But do that and you will be fine.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 884mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 15g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.