Last week I shared a microwave apple crisp and mentioned my love of fall and apples. Today I am sharing another simple apple crisp recipe with you. It is for a crock pot apple crisp.
I am glad my family loves apples and apple crisps as much as I do because we have been eating a lot of them lately! They are so good this time of year.
If you want to make this apple crisp a little better, pour a little caramel sauce on top before you serve it. It takes it to a whole new level of deliciousness!
- 3/4 cup flour ( or gluten free flour blend (
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup quick oats ( or gluten free oats )
- 3 lbs apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a bowl combine flour, brown sugar, and salt.
- Cut butter into flour mixture using a pastry blender or a fork, until mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Add oats to flour mixture and set mixture aside.
- In another bowl combine sliced apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Place apple mixture in crock pot.
- Sprinkle topping mixture on top of apples.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until apples are tender.
Can be made gluten free by using gluten free flour blend and gluten free oats.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 250mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 6gSugar: 36gProtein: 5g