Easy Ground Beef Stir Fry is a great quick and easy dinner!
This ground beef stir fry is a recipe that I have been making for years. I actually have a version of ground beef stir fry in my archives, but over the years I have changed it up some and added a few things to the recipe.
When I made it recently I decided it was time to take some pictures so that I could share the updated version with you.
I love how easy this recipe is to make, but I also love that it contains basic ingredients. And I know that ground beef and some of the seasonings in this is not the traditional way to make stir fry, but I love how it changes it up some from a regular stir fry. It is a nice change and my kids actually prefer this over a normal stir fry.
I have also made this with ground pork and it works fine. Ground chicken or ground turkey would work as well and would change up the flavors a little.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 bell peppers, I like to use 1 green and 1 red, but you can use what you have on hand
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup beef broth ( or use water with beef bullion added)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce ( I use gluten free soy sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce ( If you are gf be sure it is gf)
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups cooked rice for serving
- In a skillet cook ground beef until well browned. Drain off any fat and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add onion, peppers, mushrooms, garlic, ginger, red pepper, and black pepper.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Stir beef broth, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce into vegetables.
- Stir in meat and heat until well combined and slightly thickened.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 397Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 697mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 25g