This is a great one pot, quick, and easy dinner. I love this recipe when you need to make dinner in 30 minutes or less. You can have this on the table in 30 minutes.
If you add salad you have a great meal. Recipes like this are great for busy days. Most of the ingredients are things you usually have on hand.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta or gluten free pasta
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomatoes, water, tomato paste, parsley, oregano and salt; mix well. Stir in pasta; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring once. (if it gets too dry add a little more water) Combine cheeses; drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto pasta mixture.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 451mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 21g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.