Yesterday I shared an easy no-churn peach ice cream. Today I am sharing an easy peach crisp that is perfect with the peach ice cream.
My recent trip to the peach orchard means that we have had peaches all kinds of different ways over the last two weeks. Peach ice cream, peach crisp, peach muffins, peaches over waffles, and peaches for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Fresh from the orchard and farm food is one of my favorite things about summer!
This recipe is a simple peach crisp. Some might call this a cobbler, but since it has oats in the topping I think of it more as a crisp.
Easy Peach Crisp
Peach crisp made easy with this simple recipe. It can also be made gluten free!
- 5 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup flour ( Use Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free flour blend for a gluten-free version)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick or old fashioned oats, both will work ( Use gluten-free oats for a gluten-free version )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place peaches in an 8x8 or similar sized pan.
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Using a pastry cutter or a fork cut in butter until crumbly. You can also use a food processor to mix this.
- Stir in oats and sprinkle mixture over peaches.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes or until peaches are soft and topping is lightly browned.
Other gluten-free blends may work, but the recipe was tested with Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten-free blend.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 4gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.
Could you use blueberries in this?
Yes, this same topping works well for other fruits. Blueberries would be great. Blueberry and peaches also go well together. It works well with blackberries too!