This rice is a recipe that I just quickly threw together one night when I needed an easy side dish. I was inspired by a rice recipe that my friend Jessica posted about, but I made mine a little different than she did.
I know that I have mentioned several times now how much I love my homemade Emeril’s Seasoning. I really do use it all the time. It is a great seasoning for not only meats, but for recipes like this one today.
You can easily use the store-bought version of Emeril’s if you have some, but I prefer the homemade since it is less expensive and I can control the spiciness.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups rice, uncooked
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Emeril’s Seasoning (see not below for homemade Emeril's Seasoning )
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add rice and stir rice in hot oil for 1-2 minutes or until rice starts to turn whiter in color. You are basically frying the rice.
- Add chicken broth and seasoning.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on low for 18-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
A homemade version of Emeril’s Seasoning
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 686mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.