Fish Tacos are quick, easy, and perfect for summer!
We made these fish tacos when I was at my parent’s last month and we loved them!
Let me just start by saying that although these were delicious, I know they are not authentic fish tacos.
We called them fish tacos and we loved them, but if you are going for authentic these are probably not for you. If you are looking for a quick, easy, and pretty healthy dinner that is delicious, then this is the recipe for you!
Now that we have that out of the way, let’s talk about the recipe.
I have made fish tacos before. At some point I must have served them to my parents because they remembered eating them. However, I had no idea what recipe I had used or how I made them.
That is the trouble with food blogging and recipe development. Sometimes I make so many things that I can’t remember what I make. If I don’t post the recipe here it often gets forgotten about.
So when my parents suggested my fish tacos for dinner one night, I had to figure out what I had done in order to recreate them. I looked at a few recipes online and I kind of remembered what I did before. Or at least I tried.
I really did not follow any exact recipe. I combined ideas from a few and then used what my mom had on hand.
The result was delicious and perfect for a quick and easy summer.
- 2 pounds white fish fillets
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- tortillas for serving
- In a small bowl combine spices and rub mixture on fish fillets.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until fish is flaky and done. You want the fish done, but be sure not to over cook it.
- While fish is cooking, combine sour cream, lime juice, and salt and whisk together until well combined.
- Serve cooked fish on flour, corn, or gluten free tortillas with shredded cabbage and sour cream mixture drizzled over top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 153mgSodium: 397mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 38g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.