Mexican Rice is a quick and easy side dish perfect for any Mexican meal!
My family loves Mexican rice with just about any Mexican type meal. We eat it with enchiladas, tacos, quesadillas, and more.
I have been making this same basic recipe for years. The more that I made the original recipe the more I tweaked it to get it just how my family liked it. It is now a recipe I make several times a month.
This is very close the rice you will find at Mexican Restaurants. I took it to a family dinner recently and everyone loved it. Both of my husband’s aunts wanted to know how I made it and I shared the recipe with them.
This is a great side dish for any Mexican style meal.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add rice.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until slightly opaque/white and slightly puffed. You are lightly frying the rice.
- While rice is cooking, sprinkle with salt and cumin.
- Stir in tomato sauce and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is done.
If you are gluten-free be sure to read labels to make sure your ingredients are gluten-free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 537mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.