If you love coconut and chocolate these Flourless Coconut Brownies are a must make!
These flourless coconut brownies are like a mounds bar, but in a brownie version. I almost titled these mounds bar brownies, but I didn’t want anyone thinking they contained mounds bars, so I went with flourless coconut brownies.
These brownies are so rich and fudgy and delicious! I might have eaten a few too many of these when I made them a few weeks ago.
And because these are flourless they make a great gluten-free dessert. This is one of those desserts that is great to serve to your gluten-free guest. Just make sure your chocolate chips are gluten-free.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup cornstarch (If you can't use cornstarch, I am guessing another starch like tapioca or potato would work here, but I have not tried it.)
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces of gluten-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a bowl mix together cornstarch, cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl combine butter and chocolate chips.
- Melt in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Stir sugar, vanilla, and eggs into chocolate.
- Add cornstarch/cocoa mixture and stir until well combined.
- Stir in 3/4 cup coconut.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
These are rich and fudgy brownies and I found they cut best when cold. So I refrigerated them until completely cold and then cut them into squares. You do not have to do that, but they will be prettier. 🙂
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 402Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 234mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 3gSugar: 41gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.