These chewy and delicious oatmeal cookies are a treat your family will love.
I love cookies. Any kind of cookies. They have always been my favorite dessert to make and to eat. It has been awhile since I shared a cookie recipe with you, so I am excited to have a new cookie recipe for you today.
Some oatmeal cookies are a basic cookie with a little oatmeal added. These are not that kind of cookie. These are a hearty thick and full of oatmeal cookie. These are great on their own for just a plain oatmeal cookie, but we love them with raisins or chocolate chips added. A combination of both is even better.
These cookies are flourless, which is great because if you use gluten-free oats they are an easy gluten-free dessert.
- 4 1/2 cups quick cooking oats, divided ( use gluten free oats for gluten free version)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a blender or food processor grind 2 cups of the oatmeal until fine.
- In a bowl combine ground oats, remaining oatmeal, cornstarch, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Gradually add oat mixture.
- Sit in chocolate chips and raisins.
- Drop by the spoonful onto cookie sheet. Bake 12-13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool for several minutes then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
For gluten-free cookies be sure to use gluten-free oats.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.