We love pancakes and eat them often. I have several different recipes that we enjoy and make on a regular basis. I have one pancake recipe that is a basic gluten free recipe, but it is a little healthier because it contains sorghum. Another recipe that I make often is a make ahead recipe. I love it because I can make the batter the night before.
Today’s recipe though is a little different. This recipe turns out more like the fluffy mix pancakes that so many people make. And yes, even my family made them on occasion before I went gluten free. I actually could not believe how fluffy these pancakes turned out.
Really, they did not look at all like most gluten free pancakes. I can easily say that these are the prettiest gluten free pancakes that I have made. We love them. In fact, they are our new favorite gluten free pancake. We eat pancakes at least once a week, so I am very glad to have yet another gluten free pancake to add to our lists of favorites.
Fluffy Gluten Free Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together the eggs, butter, and buttermilk.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients and whisk just until combined. This batter will be a little lumpy.
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Carefully scoop or ladle on to a hot griddle or skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes on one side. Flip and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!