I will start by saying this recipe is NOT healthy and I do not fix it often. It is a treat for my family.
It makes a good holiday meal since it can be made ahead of time. I recently made it when we had company. It works great for a breakfast for company because it can be made a head of time and frozen.
I have been making this recipe for several years. I found it online somewhere, but don’t remember exactly where. It is one of the few freezer breakfast meals that I make.
This recipe makes a 9×13 pan. I like to get bread from the bread outlet and make several pans at once to freeze.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 loaf french bread sliced about 1 inch thick (about 12 slices total)
- 5 eggs
- 1 1 /4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a saucepan. Heat until melted and combined. It will be like a thick syrup. Pour into a 9x13 pan.
- Place bread on top of the syrup mixture in pan.
- Mix together eggs, milk, and vanilla. Mix or blend well.
- Pour over bread. I place in the fridge for a few hours to let cool, then cover and freeze.
- Bake covered with foil for about 40 minutes at 350 degrees and then uncover and cook 5 - 10 minutes more or until done.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 471Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 157mgSodium: 556mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 14g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.