I love to make cookies. In fact, cookies were the first thing I learned how to bake. I remember clearly the first cookies I made. They were the same no bake cookies that I wrote about almost two years ago.
My cookie baking skills have grown quite a bit over the years, and cookies long ago became my favorite thing to bake.
Not only did this recipe look and sound really good, it caught my attention because it had no flour in it. I loved the fact that this was a normal recipe that was naturally gluten free.
I did end up adapting this recipe a little, because you know me, I can’t leave a recipe alone.
I have now made these several times, and my whole family loves them. Even my son and daughter that do not usually like coconut liked them.
These make a fudgy and very good cookie.
- 5 1/3 cups sweetened coconut
- 1 can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk ( I have used the regular and low fat and both work)
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes. I like them to be a little fudgy, so I bake for 9 minutes. If you want them more firm, bake for a little longer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.