If you have extra bananas on your counter these gluten-free banana chocolate chip muffins are a delicious way to use them up.
I recently realized that I have never shared one of our favorite gluten-free muffins with you all and I knew I needed to fix that. So, today I am sharing the recipe for gluten-free banana chocolate chip muffins.
My girls love to make these muffins. They are easy to make and they all think they are delicious. We often make a large batch of these and put them in the freezer for a quick and easy breakfast or snack.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups rice flour, white or brown works
- 1/2 cups sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup gluten free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the muffin pans with paper liners.
- Place the bananas into a mixing bowl and beat until mashed. Add brown sugar, oil, egg, and beat until smooth.
- Add rice flours, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt slowly and beat until smooth.
- Add sour cream and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Fill the muffin liners three fourths full. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.