Need an easy gluten free bread to go with dinner? Gluten Free Biscuit Bread with cheese is so good that you will not know that it is gluten free.
Before going gluten free I loved to make biscuit bread or a biscuit cheese bread all the time.
It made a great side dish for so many meals. It went especially well with soup during the winter.
Over the last few years I have tried making many different kinds of gluten free biscuit bread. Some had cheese and some didn’t. Some turned out okay and some were disasters.
I tried some of the recipes with gluten free blends and some with individual gluten free flours. The results were mixed with both.
It wasn’t until recently that I finally found a version that was good enough to share with you.
This version is so good that you will not know that it is gluten free. My husband and son, who eat gluten, loved it.
What do you need to make gluten free biscuit bread with cheese?
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Flour Blend ( Other blends might work, but I only tried it with Bob’s Red Mill
- baking powder
- baking soda
All the ingredients are fairly basic ingredients. You probably always have most of them on hand or can easily buy them. That makes this a great recipe to make when you need a little something extra to go with dinner.
- 3 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free flour blend
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan or similar in size loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine gluten free flour blend, baking powder, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir in shredded cheese. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together egg, buttermilk, and melted butter. Stir into flour mixture until well combined.
- Spread into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until bread is done and top is lightly golden brown.
- Let cool in pan about 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Let cool before slicing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 642mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 6g