Blueberries and summer just go together. We have blueberries in our garden and we have been eating them fresh, freezing them for use during the fall and winter, and I have had all kinds of fun making desserts with them.
Today’s recipe for Gluten Free Blueberry Bundt Cake was a recent favorite using the blueberries from our garden. We all enjoyed this cake, but my husband, who is not gluten free, loved it the most.
Every time he had a piece he said I can’t believe this is gluten free because it tastes just like a regular cake. I love to hear that! And it proves gluten free can and should taste good.
If you like blueberries this is a must try. It is kind of like a pound cake, but made into a bundt cake. It is rich and delicious and gluten free.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups rice flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 12 cup bundt pan and set aside.
- In a bowl combine rice flour, cornstarch, sweet rice flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt. Set aside 2 tablespoons to toss blueberries in.
- In a mixing bowl beat together butter, sugar, and oil until light and fluffy. This will take about 4-5 minutes. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Mix in 1/3 of the flour mixture. Add about 1/2 the buttermilk. Mix to combine.
- Add in half of the remaining flour mixture. Then remaining buttermilk.
- Add in remaining flour mixture just until well combined.
- Toss blueberries in reserved flour and carefully stir into batter.
- Spread batter into bundt pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 20 minutes in the pan and then remove cake from pan.
- Let cake cool completely and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 500Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 498mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.