My blueberry plants were loaded with blueberries this year. We have been eating a lot of them and I was able to put quite a few away in the freezer. Now, I just need to find ways to use them all.
I used to make a blueberry muffin that we all loved, however it was full of gluten. I recently adapted the recipe to be gluten free and it worked perfectly. We loved these.
I have made two versions/sizes of these muffins. The regular sized ones were really good, however I think I liked them a little better in the mini muffin size. I am not sure why, but the texture seemed to be a little better in the mini ones, or maybe it was just the fact that mini ones make me feel like I am eating a lot less.
What is your favorite way to use blueberries?
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup potato flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 3 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 standard muffin tins with paper liner or grease muffin pan.
- Whisk together rice flour, potato starch, cornstarch, corn flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar with a mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. Reduce speed to low, and add the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture; beat until combined after each addition.
- Fold in blueberries by hand.
- Divide batter among cups. This makes 28-30 muffins.
- Bake about 20-22 minutes. Let cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.