Yesterday on my main site I posted a recipe for a brownie pie that I made for my husband’s office staff. As soon as I made that recipe I knew it would adapt well to gluten free.
The recipe only contained a quarter of a cup of flour. Recipes with only a little bit of flour in them always adapt better than recipes with large amounts of flour. So those are always the best recipes to try to make gluten free.
The gluten free version of this brownie pie turned out really well. My husband ate a piece of both the regular and the gluten free version and he said they tasted basically the same.
His said that the gluten free version had a little bit of a different texture and he actually liked the gluten free version better because of that.
I always love hearing that a gluten free version is as good or better than the regular version.
I did not taste the regular version, of course, but I did think the regular version was prettier and came out of the pan easier.
However, when it comes to gluten free cooking, taste is what matters the most, and the taste of this was wonderful.
Now, with all that being said, this is not healthy. This is not something I would recommend eating often, this is a treat, but a really good treat.
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of sorghum flour
- 1 tablespoon of potato starch
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 ounces of marshmallow cream ( this is basically half of a small jar)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoons of milk
- In a large bowl melt the chocolate chips and butter in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until the chips are melted.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spread batter into a greased pie pan and bake at 325 for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool and frost.
- Mix all frosting ingredients together and beat until smooth.
Spread over cooled brownies.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 39gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.