Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Doughnuts for breakfast anyone?!
Okay, so maybe these are more of a dessert than a breakfast. They would make a great holiday or birthday breakfast though.
These were made totally by my thirteen-year-old. Both my girls are turning into quite the cooks, especially when it comes to gluten-free and allergy-friendly foods.
My daughter loves bananas and when I recently had a few bananas that needed used up, she offered to bake something with them. Doughnuts sounded good, so we found a recipe that we decided to adapt to see how it would work.
It worked great and these were delicious.
Now, when it comes to adapting recipes to gluten-free my girls are still learning, so I suggested a few things and told her what gluten-free flours I would use and she went to work.
She did a great job on these. They will now be added to the list of favorite ways to use up bananas.
Since she is thirteen and loves both bananas and chocolate she decided these needed a chocolate glaze. They were good that way, but it made them much more dessert like.
So, for an everyday type doughnut, I will probably leave the glaze off or just dip them in a little melted butter and then cinnamon and sugar. No matter what way you make them though, I think your family will love them.
Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Doughnuts
Gluten-free chocolate banana doughnuts for breakfast anyone?!
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 bananas
- 3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup white rice flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup gluten-free chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease doughnut pans and set them aside.
- In a separate bowl mash the bananas.
- Then beat the mashed bananas in with the oil, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Beat in till smooth.
- Add rice flour, potato starch, cornstarch, and xanthan gum. Stir in till smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir them in to batter.
- Add the batter in to the greased doughnut pans.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let the doughnuts sit in the pan for several minutes than remove to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small microwave safe bowl combine chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until chocolate is melted.
- Dip doughnuts into chocolate and let sit until chocolate starts to set.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 359Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 294mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 35gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.
Leave a Reply