Gluten Free Death By Chocolate Cookies are rich, delicious, and full of chocolate!
I think the name Gluten Free Death By Chocolate Cookies, pretty much says it all. Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate. Oh and they are gluten free too!
My husband knows I love cookbooks and he knows I love America’s Test Kitchen, so for my birthday he got me one of their newest cookbooks, The America’s Test Kitchen Quick Family Cookbook.
Now, this is not a gluten free cookbook, in fact many of the recipes are gluten filled, but most of the main dish, side dish, and techniques can easily be adapted for gluten free cooking.
I am loving this cookbook. I have converted several of the recipes to gluten free and they have worked well. I can’t wait to experiment more with the ideas in this book.
Now, let’s get back to these cookies.
Not only do I love cookbooks and America’s Test Kitchen, I love chocolate.
Really, who doesn’t like chocolate?!
Okay so maybe there are a few people out there, but almost everyone loves chocolate. And if you are one of those people that loves chocolate, these cookies are a must try.
When I saw the recipe for Death By Chocolate Cookies in the The America’s Test Kitchen Quick Family Cookbook, I knew I had to make a gluten free version of them.
One of the best tips I have for converting recipes to gluten free is to start with a good recipe. I knew this recipe came from a good source, because it was America’s Test Kitchen, so I thought converting it to gluten free would work well, and it did.
They turned out great!
These cookies contain three different kinds of chocolate and are rich and delicious. These are so good no one will know they are gluten free.
I did change the recipe up a little bit and used dark chocolate chips because that is what I had on hand and I added in some semi-sweet chips. Their version only had two kind of chocolate, and with a title like Death By Chocolate, I knew the chocolate needed taken to another level. What can I say, I don’t follow a recipe very well. 🙂
Now, you really must try these cookies!
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup dutch processed cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees,
- In a small bowl whisk together rice flour, sweet rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together butter and sugars. (These turn out best mixed all by hand, not with a mixer. I am not sure why, but they did.)
- Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop onto cookie sheet. I like these to be large cookies and used an ice cream scoop. You can make these smaller just cook for less time.
- For large cookies bake for 13-15 minutes. For smaller cookies bake 9-11.
- Cool on wire racks and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 64mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.