These gluten-free double chocolate banana cookies are easy to make and taste great!
The combination of bananas and chocolate are perfect for a cookie. Make them gluten-free and they are even better!
And because they have bananas in them they are healthy. Right?!
So maybe they aren’t exactly healthy, but they are healthier than some cookies. They are also a great way to use up some of those overripe bananas that you may have on your counter.
I made these recently when I had too many bananas and they were gone in no time. Even my child who is not a fan of bananas enjoyed these. They make a great dessert, snack, or lunchbox treat.
Gluten Free Double Chocolate Banana Cookies
Chocolate and bananas are combined in this delicious gluten free double chocolate cookie recipe.
- 1 1/4 cups white or brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups gluten-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a bowl combine rice flour, sweet rice flour, cornstarch, baking cocoa xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl mix together butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla.
- Add the banana and the rice flour cocoa mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by the spoonful onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove to cooling racks to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.
Leave a Reply