If you love the popular gluten free double chocolate muffins that are made by that big gluten free brand you will love these! They are a homemade version of one of our favorite gluten free things.
These gluten free double chocolate muffins are a recipe inspired by one of you. Which I love! I love helping my readers.
A few weeks ago I received an email from a reader asking if I had a double chocolate muffin recipe. I didn’t, but after discussing it with my daughter, we knew we had to come up with one.
We love muffins and my daughter loves coming up with new muffin recipes. So she thought the challenge would be fun. And I mean really who wouldn’t love double chocolate in a muffin.
We have bought and enjoyed the popular gluten free brand of double chocolate muffins. I love that brand and have worked with them in the past, but I am all about homemade versions of my favorite foods.
So we got to work creating a gluten free double chocolate muffin. What we ended up with was a recipe that we love! These might just be our new favorite gluten free muffin. They are so good!
Now, it did take some work to get these just right. My family had to eat a numerous amount of muffins before we thought we had it just right.
My family has a tough job don’t they? I mean eating and taste testing muffins can be hard. But someone has to do it. All the taste testing was worth it though because we finally got it just right.
I even sent the recipe to the reader who inspired it so she could try it. Her family agreed that these muffins are delicious!
If you love those famous gluten free double chocolate muffins, give these a try. I think you will have a new favorite muffin.
I did not figure out the exact cost of these, but I am sure they are cheaper than the ones you can buy. They also freeze well. So make a big batch and freeze them. They work great for taking out one or two at a time for a quick breakfast, lunch, or snack.
- ¾ cup white rice flour
- ½ cup sweet rice flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup gluten free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with liners or grease well.
- In a bowl whisk together rice flours, cornstarch, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar. This takes about 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add vanilla.
- Add ½ of the flour mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Add buttermilk and mix just until combined.
- Add remaining flour mixture and mix just until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups filling each cup about ¾ full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 255mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g