Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Cake is an easy pumpkin dessert made from scratch and gluten free!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Cake is my new favorite fall dessert. In fact, it is so good that it will be the pumpkin dessert I make for Thanksgiving this year. I love this!
There are many versions of pumpkin pie cake out there. Most are similar to a pumpkin dump cake, but slightly different in that it has a crust like layer on the top and bottom.
I don’t mind using an occasional cake mix, but gluten free cake mixes can be expensive and hard to find, so I like to make a homemade version when I can.
For this recipe I used the same basic idea I used for my gluten free dump cake without cake mix, but I changed it up so that it had a cake like crust both on the top and bottom.
It turned out so good! It was easy to make and my whole family loved it!
We can’t have nuts because of my daughter’s nut allergy, but if you can have nuts I think chopped pecans would be delicious added to the topping.
If you are looking for a simple gluten free holiday dessert this recipe is perfect! I think you will love it!
- 1 -15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon or 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a bowl whisk together the pumpkin, evaporated milk, 3 eggs, 1 cup sugar, and cinnamon until well combined.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine rice flours, cornstarch, xanthan gum, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in egg and melted butter.
- Mix until well combined. It will be a somewhat dry mixture and not a batter that you can pour.
- Press half of the cake mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Pour pumpkin filling over cake mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining cake mixture and press slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 297mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 6g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.