Everyone loves a great chocolate chip cookie, but occasionally it is nice to change it up with something a little different. These gluten free white chocolate craisin cookies are perfect for those times when you are craving a cookie, but want something a little different than your basic gluten free chocolate chip cookie.
My girls and I have been making these gluten free cookies for months now and I can’t believe I waited this long to share the recipe with you. I had planned on sharing them during the holidays, but did not get it done.
Then January came and everyone is focused on healthy eating. I decided that it would be best not to temp those of you trying to eat healthier with a gluten free cookie recipe.
But now that it is February, I decided that I had to finally share this recipe with you. Because we all need more gluten free cookie recipes. This one would be perfect for Valentines Day or really any day!
This basic cookie dough is one of my favorite gluten free cookies to make. I love the flavor and the texture. It is one of those cookies that no one will know is gluten free.
Gluten Free White Chocolate Craisin Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups white rice flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups gluten free white chocolate chips
- 1 cup craisins
- In a bowl beat butter and sugars together until creamy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until blended in.
- In a small bowl combine rice flour, sweet rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add dry mixture to butter mixture until combined.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and craisins.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for several minutes then remove to wire rack to cool.