Grilled quesadillas are quick and easy to make. They are full of flavor and taste great!
Grilled quesadillas are one of my favorite ways to make quesadillas. Quesadillas are easy to make. They don’t take very much time and you can keep them simple with just cheese as a filling. Or you can add whatever meat and vegetables you have on hand to make them more of a one dish meal.
I have been grilling quesadillas for years, but I don’t think I have ever shared them with you. I think that is because it is not really a recipe. Just simply something we do. But sometimes the simplest things are the best.
Don’t they look so good?!
And for long time readers that is my son? My 6 foot 3 inch, 14 year old, son. Dirty hands and all.
What happened to the little boy from my early years of blogging?! He was so little back when I shared a post about cooking with my kids. His hands pretty much say it all. Those tiny little hands holding an apple back in 2009…
Now back to the grilled quesadillas and how we make these.
My 6 foot 3 inch, 14 year old, constantly eating, son loves these. Loves them! He loves them so much that this is the best picture I could get before he ate them.
Yes, you can make quesadillas in a skillet or on a griddle, but grilling them adds so much flavor. It gives them a slightly smoked flavor that you can’t get cooking them inside.
I like to assemble these inside and then take them outside to grill. You don’t want to assemble them on the grill. Make a bunch of them inside and take them out to grill.
If you have never made quesadillas on the grill you need to give them a try. So good!
- 8 flour, corn tortillas, or gluten free tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cooked meat, vegetables, other desired toppings
- salsa, guacamole, sour cream, for serving
- Place corn tortilla on a cookie sheet or cutting board. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup shredded cheese on tortilla. Top with another tortilla.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Place on grill over medium heat.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, watching carefully.
- Flip quesadilla over and continue cooking 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1282Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 483mgCarbohydrates: 206gFiber: 9gSugar: 2gProtein: 52g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.