Over the years many of you have asked for more recipes for homemade seasoning mixes, so one of my goals for my homemade favorites series is to share more of them.
Homemade seasoning mixes make great food gifts, but they are also great to keep on hand for those busy days when you need a quick, home cooked meal.
One of the things I love about homemade seasoning mixes is that you can control the ingredients. If you want them spicier you can add more spiciness to it. If you love oregano, add a little more. Don’t like thyme, feel free to leave it out. Take the basic recipe and make it fit what your family likes.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup dried minced onions
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- Combine all ingredients in a glass jar or container.
To make spaghetti:
- Brown 1 pound ground beef. Stir in 1/4 cup seasoning mixture.
- Add 2 cups water and 1- 6 ounce can of tomato paste.
- Cook over medium low heat for 15 minutes. You can cook longer if you want to blend the flavors a little longer.
- Serve over pasta or use in recipes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 11Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 354mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.