Homemade Three Musketeers Bars are a fun make at home copycat treat.
Homemade candy is one of my favorite things to make during the holidays. Last week I shared a few of my favorite Christmas candy recipes from the archives, but this year I also have a few new recipes that I have made. They all came out delicious and are sure to become favorites.
These homemade three musketeers bars that I am sharing today will definitely be added to our favorites that we make each year. I love the real three musketeer bars, but it is fun to be able to make a version at home.
I will say these are slightly different in texture than the real thing, but they are close. I think I actually like the texture on these a little better. In fact, I have made these three times in the last few weeks. That is how much we love these. Delicious!
And I made these into bars to make them a little easier to make, but you can easily dip these in the chocolate to get more of the real thing look.
- 1 1/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 2 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- In a small microwave proof bowl melt semi sweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips at 50% power stirring every 30 seconds.
- In another bowl combine the marshmallow creme, vanilla, and milk. Beat until mixed well. Slowly beat in melted chocolate until well combined.
- Spread mixture onto a cookie sheet that has been lined with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Refrigerate until firm. This will take 1-2 hours.
- Melt 1 1/4 cups of milk chocolate chips in microwave at 50% power stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Spread over filling layer and place back into the refrigerator until firm.
- After it is firm remove from refrigerator and flip over so that filling side is up.
- Melt remaining chocolate in microwave at 50% power stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Spread onto filling and refrigerate until firm.
- Remove from refrigerator 15 minutes before cutting. This will soften the chocolate slightly to make cutting easier.
- Cut into bars and store in refrigerator until serving.
If you are gluten-free be sure to read labels to make sure that the ingredients are gluten-free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 29gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.