If you need a quick and easy dinner give this Mexican Rice with Ground Beef recipe a try.
Grocery prices are on the rise. I am pretty sure that we have all noticed that. Quick, easy, and inexpensive meals are a must right now.
That is where recipes like this Mexican Rice with Ground Beef come in.
You often hear about a rice and beans budget. There is a lot of truth to that because rice and beans are inexpensive. They are a staple in the kitchen.
But rice and beans don’t have to be boring. They also don’t have to be eaten together.
If you get creative you can serve rice and beans, or just rice or beans, in a way your family will love.
This recipe doesn’t contain beans, but you could easily add a can of beans to make it stretch to feed more people.
For this recipe, I basically took my Mexican rice recipe and turned it into a main dish.
Is Mexican rice gluten free?
This recipe is a great gluten free main dish as long as you read the labels to make sure that your ingredients like chicken broth are gluten free.
A few basic ingredients are all you need to make this easy main dish.
- ground beef or other ground meat like turkey or chicken
- uncooked long grain white rice
- garlic powder
- ground cumin
- tomato sauce
- chicken broth
- optional – shredded cheese
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 - 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet or pan. Cook until the meat is done and no longer pink.
- Drain off most of the fat.
- Add rice. Cook, constantly stirring, until rice is slightly opaque/white and slightly puffed. You are lightly frying the rice.
- While rice is cooking, sprinkle with salt and cumin.
- Stir in tomato sauce and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is done.
- Sprinkle with cheese if using.
If you are gluten free be sure to read labels to make sure that all your ingredients, like chicken broth are gluten free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 68Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 608mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
More Quick, Easy, Inexpensive Recipes
We all need more easy and inexpensive meals. Here are a few recipes to add to your menu plan.