Are you looking for a holiday side dish that is a little different, yet very easy?
These scalloped potatoes might be just what you are looking for.
These potatoes are what I will be making this year for Christmas dinner to serve with ham. These would go perfect with ham, roast, and just about any other holiday meal.
I like these scalloped potatoes because they are a little different than your average scalloped potato. What makes these potatoes unique is the mustard and the swiss cheese that is in them.
My husband does not usually like scalloped potatoes, but he loves these because the addition of the mustard gives them so much flavor.
These potatoes also contain swiss cheese which is also a little different than your basic scalloped potatoes. I am the one that is not usually a fan of swiss cheese, but in these potatoes, the swiss cheese gives it an extra depth of flavor without being overpowering and I loved them.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1 cup swiss cheese shredded
- 7 or 8 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- Cook onions in oil until tender.
- In a bowl combine the butter, cream, milk, mustard, and cooked onions.
- In a greased baking dish ( about 9x13) layer 1/3 of the potatoes, 1/3 of the sauce, and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Then uncover and bake 40 minutes more or until tender.
- Serve and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 383mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.