Let me start by saying my kids love this. It is a kid friendly and fun meal. I know it is not the healthiest of dinner choices, but it is a good. Monica recently posted a similar recipe that her family enjoys.
I love to make a meal like this when I am tempted to go out to dinner. This may not be the healthiest meal, but it is healthier and cheaper than eating dinner out.
Serve this with a salad and you have a quick and easy dinner in no time. I like to keep cooked chicken in the freezer just for meals like this. It makes putting this dish together much easier.
I have a similar version of this I make with beef that we also enjoy.
- 8 cups nacho cheese tortilla chips, crushed ( I used cool ranch Doritos now because they are supposed to be gf)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted ( I used a homemade version to make it gf)
- 2 cup cooked chicken
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese for topping
- Arrange chips in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the soup, chicken, salsa, cheese, and chilies.
- Pour over chips.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 650mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.