This one pot taco dinner is a quick and easy family friendly meal using ingredients that you probably have on hand.
One pot meals are perfect for those busy days when you need to get dinner on the table fast.
We all have days like that. Those busy days when you are trying to avoid the drive-thru.
This meal is perfect for days like that.
This recipe also contains basic everyday ingredients that most of us keep on hand. And not only does it contain basic ingredients, but it also takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish.
I love this recipe because it is also very kid friendly. It combines the flavors of tacos but in a one-pot meal.
If your family loves tacos, I think they will love this. And you will love how easy it is to make.
Are Tacos Gluten Free
Not all tacos and taco ingredients are gluten free. You have to make sure that the ingredients like the seasoning, tortillas, etc. are gluten free.
If you need to make this one pot taco dinner gluten free be sure to read labels to make sure that your ingredients like taco seasoning, chips, etc. are gluten free.
A few basic ingredients are all you need for this quick and easy one-pot meal.
- ground beef ( Or ground turkey, chicken, or venison )
- chili powder
- canned black beans
- frozen corn
- tomato sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
- optional for serving: shredded lettuce, sour cream
One Pot Taco Dinner
Make taco night even easier with this one-pot taco dinner.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2- 15 ounce cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1-8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups broken/crushed tortilla chips
- shredded lettuce, sour cream, additional cheese, etc for serving
- In a large skillet or pan brown ground beef until done. Drain off any fat.
- Add chili powder, cumin, salt, beans, corn, tomato sauce, and salsa to the pan. Stir well and cook on low, stirring occasionally until heated through. This will take about 5- 8 minutes.
- Once heated through stir in broken chips and cheese. Stir just to combine.
- Serve with desired toppings.
If you are gluten-free be sure to read labels to make sure that your ingredients are gluten-free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 633Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 1183mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 15gSugar: 5gProtein: 44g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.
More Quick and Easy Recipes
Originally published October 2014. Updated August 2022.
This looks really good! I think I’ve found another Friday night dinner. Thanks!
BTW, the pizza joes were a huge hit last week. They’re going into permanent rotation. 🙂
I hope you enjoy it! And I am so glad your family enjoyed the pizza joes!
Made this for dinner tonight!! It was great! I just substituted ground turkey because that’s what I had everything else I had on hand!! Awesome recipe! We loved it!
I am glad you enjoyed it. Thanks so much for letting me know!
Heather @ My Overflowing Cup
I love how simple this meal is! It reminds me of a taco salad. Thanks for the recipe!