Today I have another delicious baked oatmeal for you and it is perfect for a holiday breakfast.
Last year I shared my double chocolate baked oatmeal for the holidays, so this year I thought I would make a baked oatmeal for the holidays that was slightly healthier.
I love the combination of orange and cranberries this time of year, so it seemed like a perfect fit for a baked oatmeal.
I think it would be fun to make both the double chocolate and this orange cranberry baked oatmeal for Christmas breakfast. They can both be made the night before and placed in the refrigerator overnight. Then all you have to do is place them in the oven in the morning and you will have a fun and festive breakfast.
Now, I will admit, some in my family think that this version is better with chocolate, after all, chocolate makes everything better. I have made it both with the chocolate and without, and they are both very good.
So, if you want to make a chocolate orange cranberry baked oatmeal, stir in about 3/4 cup of chocolate chips into the batter before baking.
- 3 cups quick cooking oats ( Use gluten free oats for a gf version)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries ( Craisins)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spread into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. If you like it a little crunchy on top cook for a few minutes longer.
- Serve with warm milk poured on top.
For a gluten free version use gluten free oats.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 386mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 4gSugar: 20gProtein: 7g