Thanksgiving is this week and I can’t wait. I love food. I love to eat it and I love to cook it. I am sure that does not surprise anyone.
My husband and I have spent our married life, which is 22 year years, living halfway across the country from most of our family. Some of my husband’s family live in Oklahoma or have lived in Oklahoma, but the the majority of both of our families call the West Coast home.
This means that the majority of our holidays have been spent with just us or with friends. This year though it has worked out that a good portion of my husband’s family will be in Oklahoma for Thanksgiving. And I am hosting it!
It is not a huge amount of people, but it is still larger than we normally have and I can’t wait.
Because I have a busy week, I thought today I would just share my menu for Thanksgiving with you. I know most of you have yours already planned, but I thought you might like to see what we are having.
Here is our menu.
- Ham– We raise hogs. Ham makes an appearance for every holiday meal
- Mashed Potatoes– I love this recipe from Pioneer Women and I think I am going to heat them using my casserole crock pot.
- Cheesy Stuffing
- Corn and Green Beans- I am keeping it simple with these.
- Gluten Free Gravy
- Pumpkin Pie Cake – I will be making the gluten free Pumpkin Pie Cake
- My Favorite Pumpkin Bread– I have a loaf of this in the freezer that I may take out to serve.
- Family also bringing desserts and side dishes
What is on your Thanksgiving menu? I would love to hear what you are having!