This is a recipe that my mom made all the time when I was growing up. We always called it peach cobbler. It was not until I was married and had other versions of this dessert, that I realized it is really a version of the dump cake that many people make.
This dessert is easy and frugal, yet really good. It is one of those simple desserts that everyone enjoys. I also like this recipe because I usually have all the ingredients in my pantry. This is one of those recipes that I can put together when I need a last minute dessert.
If you serve it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream it makes it even better.
Saturday I will post how I adapted this to be gluten free.
- 1 - 29 ounce can sliced peaches with the juice
- 1 yellow cake mix
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional, I usually leave them out since my kids do not like nuts)
- Place peaches and juice in a 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over peaches.
- Carefully spoon melted butter over cake mix.
- Sprinkle with nuts if using.
- Bake at 325 for about 45-50 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 510Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 636mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 3gSugar: 43gProtein: 7g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.