Today’s recipe for Peanut Butter Brownie Dessert comes from my sister Evie. Evie called me a few months ago and told me she had just made this great peanut butter dessert and took it to our mom and dad’s house. She went on to say how good it was and ask if I wanted her to take a picture of it. Well of course I wanted a picture of it and a recipe to go along with it. 🙂 Thanks Evie for sharing your peanut butter dessert with us! And will you all please enjoy a piece of this for me because it looks really good!
Who doesn’t like dessert, especially chocolate dessert? I happen to love chocolate. I also think that peanut butter and chocolate combinations make some of the absolute best desserts.
When I first came across this recipe, I was thinking I’d try to make a smaller version. Then I considered how yummy it looked and decided to make the whole thing on the first try. I compromised by sharing it with some extended family members, because we couldn’t possibly eat it all. The portion we kept for ourselves was quickly finished off!
This is a great brownie recipe; however I’m sure your favorite 9×13 boxed brownie mix or recipe, baked in three 8 inch pans, would work wonderfully as well. I have since adapted this recipe to make a smaller version. I halved the brownie recipe and baked two thinner 8 inch brownies. I also halved the cream layer and toppings, and then layered like the whole version.
This dessert is a great combination of brownies and peanut butter. The peanut butter cream cheese has a dense mousse-like texture that combines well with the chocolaty brownie. This dessert is also great with a tall glass of cold milk!
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
Peanut Butter Cup Cream Cheese:
- 12 ounces (1 1/2 packages) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 6 ounces peanut butter cups, crushed (8 large cups, or half a bag of miniature cups)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup hot fudge, melted
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package peanut butter cups, crushed (optional)
- Melt chocolate and butter. Slowly stir in sugar, stir until blended.
- Add eggs, than flour. Mix well.
- Line the bottoms of 3 round or square 8in. pans with parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Pour brownie batter evenly into 3 pans. Bake @ 325 for 20-25 min, or until done. Do not overbake.
- Let cool in pans for 10 mins, and then remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add peanut butter and beat until completely combined.
- Fold in peanut butter cups.
- If you make this ahead of time, refrigerate.
- Remove from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature before using.
- Combine white chocolate chips and peanut butter.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, or until melted.
- Stirring every 30 seconds.
- Layer brownie and mousse, beginning and ending with the brownie.
- Drizzle with melted hot fudge and white chocolate/peanut butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with crushed peanut butter cups, if desired.
- Cut with a serrated bread knife and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 612Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 414mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 4gSugar: 36gProtein: 16g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.