Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches have all the flavors of pizza in an easy to make grilled cheese sandwich.
Friday night pizza is a family tradition at our house. We occasionally miss a week, but in general Friday dinner is pizza.
I recently had a crazy busy Friday though and knew pizza was just not going to happen that night. I did not have time to make the dough and I did not have any made up ahead of time. Not wanting to disappoint my kids I knew I had to come up with something pizza like for dinner that they would enjoy.
Grilled cheese sandwiches are a favorite of mine, so I thought why not make a pizza sandwich. I could easily use the flavors of pizza, but in a sandwich. I knew the kids would love it and it would save me a ton of time, which would give us a pizza night with the work of pizza. So, grilled pizza sandwiches were created.
And my kids loved these. They will now be a regular meal at our house and will work perfectly for those busy Fridays that I do not have time to make regular pizza.
If you have a weekly pizza night, I encourage you to give these a try. They are delicious and fun!
- 8 slices of bread - use gluten free bread for gluten free version
- 6 ounce package of pepperoni
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- marinara or pizza sauce for dipping
- Butter one side of each piece of bread.
- Place on a piece of provolone cheese, several pieces of pepperoni, and a piece of mozzarella cheese on each piece of bread. Top with another piece of bread and place buttered side down on hot griddle or pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until bread is golden brown and toasted.
- Flip the sandwich over and cook a few more minutes or until cheese is melted and both sides are golden brown and toasted.
If you are gluten-free use gluten-free bread and read labels to make sure that your ingredients are gluten-free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 658Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 1676mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 28g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.