This is a great Alfredo Sauce. It is so quick and easy and the texture always turns out right. The cream cheese in this gives it the perfect texture. I also like it because most alfredos call for cream. I don’t usually keep cream on hand but I do usually have cream cheese on hand to use in desserts and frostings.
I use this as a side dish served with roast, chicken, or pork steaks. It also makes a good main dish if you add ham or chicken. I have also used this sauce to make chicken alfredo pizza.
I know this is not the healthiest but it is a nice quick meal. When I made it last week, I used whole wheat pasta, that makes it healthy right?
This sauce does make a lot. When I make it for my family I usually half it.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese (the real stuff, not the stuff in the green can)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces cooked pasta
- Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps.
- Stir in Parmesan and pepper.
- Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long.
- Toss with hot pasta to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 516mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.