This recipe is one of those meals that proves you can make, and serve your family, a healthy homemade meal with very little time or work.
This roasted tomatoes and pasta is simple and only contains a few ingredients, but by roasting the tomatoes you add a ton of flavor without much work.
Food can be simple and still be delicious by simply bringing out the flavor in the ingredients that you use.
I have made this several times already for my family this summer and everyone loves it.
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 lb pasta ( use gluten free pasta for gluten free version )
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, the real stuff not the stuff in the green can
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread tomatoes out on a cookie sheet or rimmed baking pan.
- Drizzle oil over top and sprinkle with garlic, salt, and red pepper. Stir slightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- While tomatoes are baking cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and return pasta to the pot.
- Serve pasta with tomatoes on top and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Or you can mix the tomatoes and pasta together and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 333mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.