This sausage spinach soup is a simple one pot meal!
Need a quick and easy one pot meal? Don’t we all need more of those type of recipes? This soup is so simple to make. It is made all in one pot so clean up is easy!
Several in my family love spinach. Like really love it. So I like to add it to soups and any other meals I can.
This soup is just a simple sausage soup that I stirred spinach into. I love that I can use fresh or frozen spinach and can adjust the amount. If you love spinach add a little more. If you like spinach, but in small quantities, than you can add less.
You can also add canned beans to this. I didn’t the day I took pictures, but a can of white beans added would make it stretch a little for serving more people or if you want leftovers.
This soup also freezes really well.
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3- 14 ounce cans chicken broth ( If gluten free be sure to use gluten free or homemade broth)
- 1- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups fresh spinach or about 2 cups frozen spinach
- In a dutch oven or large pan cook sausage and onion until sausage is browned and onion is tender.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain off any fat.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, and Italian seasoning.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until spinach is wilted or if using frozen spinach cook until spinach is soft and heated through.
- Serve as is or with cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 1590mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g