I love using my crockpot. It makes days that are very busy, so much easier. I can start dinner in the morning and it will be ready and waiting when I need it in the evening.
Beef Stroganoff is one of my favorite things to cook in the crockpot. It is one of those comfort type foods that is so nice to eat after a long day.
One of the nice things about beef stroganoff is that you can change it up by sometimes serving it over rice and sometimes over noodles. My family does not complain about having the same meal over and over again if I do something as simple as changing what I serve it with.
One complaint I have about most stroganoff recipes is that they often call for expensive cuts of meat. Now, it might make stroganoff a little better to use a beef tenderloin in it, but in my opinion that is a bit of a waste of beef tenderloin.
If I am going to cook something in a gravy type sauce in the crockpot, why not use a cheaper cut of meat? So, for crock pot stroganoff I have used round steak, stew meat, and even a cheaper cut of roast. Really, I just use what I have and it works just fine.
- 2 lbs of beef stew meat, round steak, or roast, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup flour ( Use a gluten free flour blend for gf version )
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup sour cream
- cooked rice or noodles
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Dredge meat in flour and brown in oil.
- Place browned meat, onion, mushrooms, broth, and mustard in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Stir in sour cream and serve over rice or noodles.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 431Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 304mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 44g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.