My crock pot challenge for the year is really helping me experiment with new crock pot recipes and ideas. I had kind of gotten into a crock pot rut and we were eating the same old things. So, my family is really enjoying me branching out and trying new things with this new crock pot series.
Today’s recipes in one of the new recipes we are loving. I made this for the first time in early January and I have already made it a few more times. I think slow cooked tamale casserole is going to save dinner often for me.
It is becoming one of my new favorite crock pot recipes because it is really easy to put together and only cooks for a few hours, so it makes a great I forgot to defrost the meat or start dinner first thing meal. Or am I the only one that does that……
This may not be the prettiest dinner you have ever served, but I think your family will love it.
I like to serve it with chips and salad. And my husband, well he dumps a whole lot of salsa on top of his because he likes it spicy, but he does that with most Mexican type meals, so I am used to it.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1- 15 1/4 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1- 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1- 2 1/4 ounce can sliced olives
- 1 package taco seasoning or use homemade
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef in a skillet until cooked through. Drain off fat and set aside.
- In a bowl combine egg, milk, and cornmeal until smooth.
- Add corn, tomatoes, olives, taco seasoning, beef and half of cheese to the cornmeal mixture.
- Grease slow cooker and spread mixture in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and cook on warm just until cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 365Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 442mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 26g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.